The Taj Pharma Trientine Hydrochloride Capsule Patient Assistance Program is offered to allow qualified patients to obtain free medication. It is not a government program or an insurance plan.
Patient may qualify for the Program if:
• The patient does not have existing drug coverage for the prescribed product under any prescription drug benefit, including private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or other government insurance programs or the Patient is in the 90-Day Waiting Period for Medicare coverage.
• The patient is a U.S. Resident, Green Card or Work Visa holder.
• The patient has an income at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) or the patient has experienced a recent financial challenge due to circumstances such as changes in household income, loss of employment, changes in marital status or changes in household number: (Supporting documentation explaining changes in circumstance and new income will be required).
• If a patient qualifies, they may receive free medication monthly through the term of the program as long as they continue to meet the program requirements.
• Medication will be sent directly to the patient’s home or an alternate shipping address of choice. All packages require a signature at the time of delivery.
• Medication is sent in a 30 day supply.
• Complete the application and follow the submission instructions found on the application.
If you have questions or need additional assistance please contact our
Patient Care Specialist toll free at 1800-222-434 or 1800-222-825.
Report Suspect or Adverse Side Effects:
• To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Taj Pharmaceuticals Industries Inc. at 1800-222-434 or 1800-222-825.
Trientine Hydrochloride is a copper chelator used in a similar way to penicillamine in the treatment of Wilson's disease. It tends to be used in patients intolerant of penicillamine.
Welcome to the Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited India site. We would like to give you an overview of Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited in India: our background, organization, products, core belief and prospects.
This section displays common question about the Teientine Hydrochloride Capsules.
Trientine use, safety information, warnings and side effects, indications and usage, adverse reactions and clinical pharmacology.
10 Aug 2018
Trientine use, safety information, warnings and side effects...
14 Aug 2018
Learn if you qualify for Trientine financial assistance...
29 Aug 2018
Complete Prescribing Information for Trientine as a printable PDF...
10 Sept 2018
Get answers to questions about how Trientine works, and more...
“Treatment of patients with Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules may be complicated by severe, sometimes lifethreatening, adverse effects. Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules should be administered under the supervision of a physician experienced in the use of this medication for the treatment of sickle cell anemia.”
“Hydroxyurea is mutagenic and clastogenic, and causes cellular transformation to a tumorigenic phenotype. Hydroxyurea is thus unequivocally genotoxic and a presumed transspecies carcinogen which implies a carcinogenic risk to humans. In patients receiving long-term hydroxyurea for myeloproliferative disorders, such as polycythemia vera and thrombocythemia, secondary leukaemia’s have been reported. It is unknown whether this leukemogenic effect is secondary to hydroxyurea or is associated with the patient's underlying disease. The physician and patient must very carefully consider the potential benefits of Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules relative to the undefined risk of developing secondary malignancies. Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules is used to treat chronic myeloid leukaemia or cervical cancer.”
“Your medical team will discuss with you the options for treating your cancer. They will take into account factors such as the type of cancer, where it is, which stage it is at and whether you have had treatment before. The results of blood tests and other investigations will also be considered. How well you feel and how you are likely to cope with treatment is also important.”
“Your cancer treatment will usually consist of a treatment session with Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules followed by a break of a number of days before the next treatment session with Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules. This cycle may be repeated many times as part of your cancer treatment. Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules works by damaging cancer cells in the body. Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules also affects healthy cells and treatment with Trientine Hydrochloride Capsules may damage your immune system. Your medical team may arrange for you to have some blood tests to check how well your immune system is working. Do not share your medicine with other people. It may not be suitable for them and may harm them. The pharmacy label on your medicine tells you how much medicine you should take. It also tells you how often you should take your medicine. This is the dose that you and your prescriber have agreed you should take. You should not change the dose of your medicine unless you are told to do so by your prescriber. If you feel that the medicine is making you unwell or you do not think it is working, then talk to your prescriber.